High performance waterproof extruded polystyrene board.
Marmox Construction Boards
Marmox construction boards are waterproof, provide thermal insulation, and even have acoustic insulating properties. These innovative construction boards are versatile enough to use in any wet area application. From constructing spa bath frames and vanities to underfloor heating insulation.
Marmox Australia is an Australian Company which form a part of the Marmox Group of Companies. We are the national distributors of Marmox products in Australia and specialise in high quality, cost effective and easy to use products.
- High compressive strength (withstand 30 t/m2)
- Excellent heat insulation
- Sound insulation (20 decibels)
- High U-value (2.7 W/m2k for 10mm)
- Extruded polystyrene closed cell structure retains R-value even in moist conditions
- Easy to cut with a knife or saw.
- Light weight can be carried by one person ,10mm board is 3 kgm/m2
- Marmox is environmentally friendly, it is CFC and HCFC free
|Thermal conductivity (5 years)
|Water absorption (immersion)
||0.2% by vol
|Water absorption (capillary)
|BS 476 part 6,7
|Coeff of expansion
Marmox boards come in different thicknesses; there is a recommended thickness for each application.
Marmox high performance construction boards:
- can be fixed to timber or concrete floors using flexible tile adhesive and fasteners.
- can be fixed to metal or timber frame walls and ceilings using fasteners.
- can be used to bring uneven walls to level, an ideal feature for renovation works.
- can be fixed on top of existing tiles or plaster boards.
- can be installed under tile floor heating as barrier against heat loss in the slab, saving on heat-up time and running cost.
- can be used for enclosing the simplest rectangular to the most intricate shaped bathtub.
- can be used for bathroom furniture construction, such as shelves, vanity units, shower seats, etc.
- are ideal for shower partitions in health clubs.
- can be used to build planter boxes.