Marmox construction boards can be fixed horizontally or vertically to timber or metal frame walls. For better thermal insulation use thicker boards (min. 20mm) closely butted.
- Vertical studs are at 600mm, noggins at 600mm.
- Board edges must be supported by noggin.
- Cut around all penetrations.
- Use 15 galvanized screws per board, min. 30mm from edges.
- Screws to be tightened till washers bite the board surface then level the washer with a rubber mallet.
- Cover joints by self adhesive fibreglass tape embedded in a layer of flexible tile adhesive.
- Once the adhesive has hardened tiles can be fixed and grouted.
For waterproof construction all joints, penetrations and fastener locations must be treated by approved polyurethane waterproof as per manufacturer's recommendation.