- All traces of existing material should be removed to the concrete substrate, the floor should be level and dust free.
- New concrete slab should be cured before fixing Marmox construction boards.
- Apply a bed of flexible adhesive to the concrete slab with a notched trowel, boards then to be thoroughly bedded in a staggered pattern, ensuring that no voids remain beneath them.
- When the tile adhesive dry, tape all the joints with the fibreglass tape, then install the heating element, and tile with flexible tile adhesive.
- Movement joints must not be bridged by the Marmox construction board.
For waterproof construction all joints, penetrations must be treated by approved polyurethane waterproof membrane as per manufacturer's recommendation.
Marmox construction boards are high performance insulation boards. When placed under tile heating systems Marmox acts as a barrier preventing heat loss through the slab, saving on heat up time and running costs.